The months seem to be flying by faster and faster as we approach a big first birthday and somehow I missed the nine month update. Sweet Walker is now 10 months old but I wanted to do a quick recap of the last two months. Here’s what he’s been up to lately:
- He’s walking more and more and could really take off if he didn’t choose to crawl since it’s faster and more efficient.
- He is a talker and can say “Mama, Dada, hey, no-no, uh-oh, bye bye, bite, Bay (for our dog Bailey)”, and something that sounds like “brother (for Wilson).” Even if we can’t understand him he is constantly babbling.
- He loves to clap and dance and always looks to us for his round of applause when he takes a few steps or does something he thinks is amazing.
- He has two little teeth on the bottom and I think the top teeth won’t be far behind. He’s still a BIG eater and we haven’t really found anything he doesn’t like.
- He loves throwing food from his highchair tray to feed the dog. The cause and effect experiments are also lots of fun when he drops a toy or sippy cup over and over just to make someone pick it up.
- He has become a much more consistent napper but still wakes up during the night (I am so tired!). He usually makes it until 5-6:00am before waking up for a quick nursing session then goes back to sleep until around 7:30am. We had a couple nights when he slept all the way until an acceptable wake-up time before he started teething and got off kilter again.
- He is so stubborn and strong-willed and has strong opinions on things like wearing bibs and being restrained in a car seat. His patience is short when he really wants or needs something. However, he is SO sweet and still loves his mama the most. He’s starting to realize that daddy is lots of fun and holds his own with his brother in their wrestling matches.
- He LOVES being outside and crawling around in the grass. He also loves swinging and watching his brother run around in the yard. You can tell he’s desperate to keep up with his brother.
My sweet baby is getting closer to a year old and I just can’t believe so much time has already passed. I’ll have a post soon on my super sentimental thoughts on my boys’ birthdays.