Earning Your CDAProSolutions Training offers the most economical and comprehensive courses to help you complete the formal education requirements needed to complete and maintain your Child Development Associate (CDA) CredentialTM from the Council for Professional Recognition. In July 2017, ProSolutions Training received the Council’s new CDA® Gold Standard Training Certification because of the quality of our online coursework, the support services we provide for students and our comprehensive learning management system.
- A minimum of a high school diploma/GED or current enrollment in a high school career/technical program
- 480 clock hours of experience working with children within three years of beginning your application
- 120 hours of training in eight subject areas, all covered in the ProSolutions Training online CDA coursework
Benefits of the ProSolutions Training CDA Coursework
Having a CDA credential opens up numerous opportunities, but it can be difficult for a professional who is already working to find the time to take classes. At ProSolutions Training, we provide you with the most economical online alternative for the formal early childhood education portion of your journey to the CDA. You'll get all the coursework you need to apply, and so much more:
- Flexibility — Courses are available 24/7, and you can take them in any order at your own pace.
- Free resources — Each course you complete includes additional materials you can use, from helpful book lists to practical ideas for your classroom. Examples of these free resources include:
- State-approved coursework — Our online coursework has been reviewed and is approved by most state regulatory agencies. For information on coursework approval in your state, visit our approvals page.
- Coursework is available in English and in Spanish.
- Head Start staff can use our CDA coursework to meet Head Start training requirements.
- Special support from ProSolutions Training that you won't find from other online training providers, helping you maximize the value of your training:
- A review course at the end of each subject area to help you remember the key elements in that subject area
- Advice about the CDA competency goals and resource collection requirements
- Access to two additional courses, Your Journey to the CDA Credential: Let's Get Started! and Creating a Dynamite Professional Portfolio!, which review the requirements for a CDA credential and provide practical advice on how to assemble your application
The ApplicationOnce you have determined your eligibility and completed the required coursework, purchase the CDA Competency Standards Book from the Council for Professional Recognition. This book will provide you with all of the steps required to prepare for the application process, including:
- Preparation of the Professional Portfolio – a collection of resources.
- Reflective Statements of Competence – using, at key points, the resources you collected.
- Professional Philosophy Statement – a summary of your viewpoint; takes into account learning that occurred when preparing the Professional Portfolio.
- Family Questionnaires – to be distributed to the families of children in your care; the questionnaires highlight areas of strength as well as areas of growth.
The next step is to start the Council for Professional Recognition's application process, either online or on paper. As part of the application process, you will select a CDA Professional Development (PD) Specialist from the Council's online directory. This person will observe you working with young children as part of the process.
Still have questions? Contact us today at 770.642.6939 or 1.800.939.9694 or send us an email.