My sweet little Walker is now seven months old. He is such a happy baby and we are seeing more of his spunky, strong-willed personality every day. This was another big month for his physical development as he is officially crawling. Here’s what all he’s been up to this month:
- At about 6.5 months, he started pulling up in his crib and then started crawling a few days before he turned seven months. He has gotten very fast and is already trying to climb stairs. He also pulls up and tries to let go or use one hand to cruise the furniture. I have a feeling he may be walking soon.
- He eats tons of solid food and now refuses to be fed with a spoon. Baby food is a thing of the past and he eats the same foods as us as long as it is soft and not overly seasoned or saucy.
- Bottles are still a major work in progress but he’s getting better at taking them and is trying to learn to use a sippy cup to drink water.
- He refused to take a pacifier up until a few weeks ago and now he’s developing a strong attachment.
- Walker has never been much of a snuggler but now he’s starting to suck his thumb and cuddle when he gets tired. I won’t complain about that!
- Sleep is slowly improving and he’s now waking up around 5:00-6:00am to eat and then is back to sleep until about 7:15am. We still have random nights where he’s up three times but overall, it’s getting better. Naps are also getting a little more consistent as well.
- He’s talking up a storm with lots of babbling but no real words yet.
- We are still waiting for the first tooth to pop through and I suspect it could be any day now.
- Ear infections have been the theme this month and it looks like we are well on our way to getting tubes just like big brother did at nine months.
I have to say, watching the brother relationship develop has been one of the most rewarding experiences. No one can make Walker laugh like his brother and they are constantly wrestling and playing. Wilson can get a little rough at times but Walker just laughs and does his best to keep up. He also loves nothing more than to bother Wilson’s toys because it makes him scream and he thinks it is hysterical.
Here’s to another fun month with a VERY mobile baby!