This course is designed to provide an overview of the Americans with Disabilities Act, specifically the provisions related to child care. Families will learn the benefits of inclusion for their child, how to communicate with child care providers about their child’s needs, how to recognize quality when selecting a provider, and gain access to a number of resources available in South Carolina to aid in their search. The target audience for this course is family members of children with disabilities or special healthcare needs who are looking for child care. PLEASE NOTE: THIS COURSE IS SPECIFICALLY FOR FAMILIES SEARCHING FOR CHILD CARE. THIS COURSE IS NOT APPROVED FOR CHILD CARE TRAINING CREDIT. IF YOU ARE A CHILD CARE PROVIDER, PLEASE REGISTER FOR THE "ADA BASICS FOR CHILD CARE PROVIDERS" COURSE.
Course Learning Objectives:
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize the connection between the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the civil rights of people with disabilities
- Recognize the provisions of ADA related to child care
- Recognize early childhood inclusion and the benefits of inclusion
- Identify indicators of quality child care
- Identify tips for choosing child care and strategies for communicating with child care providers about a child's disability
- Identify answers to frequently asked questions parents may have about finding child care for a child with a disability
- List resources available to support the civil rights of people with disabilities
WAIT! Did you recently order ADA Basics for Families Making Child Care Decisions? If so, please log in to your ProSolutions Training account using the link in the upper right-hand corner of this page to continue your course. Selecting "Order Now" will reset your progress and require you to start the course over from the beginning.