Recognizing and Reporting Suspected Child Abuse
Course Learning Objectives
After participating in this session, you will be able to:
- List the types of mandated reporters and describe their role in reporting suspected abuse and neglect.
- Identify physical and behavioral indicators of four legally recognized types of abuse and neglect.
- Identify which groups of children may be at higher risk of being abused or neglected.
- Identify how to respond appropriately to evidence of maltreatment, including children's disclosures.
- List the steps a state agency takes following a report of abuse or neglect.
schedule 2 Hours
star_outline 0.20 CEUs
cloud_download 6 Resources
computer 1 year unlimited access
verified_user Certificate of completion
face Early childhood training approval
Every child care provider is an important part of the effort to eliminate the abuse and neglect of children. You will learn to better recognize the indicators of abuse and neglect, understand your role in responsible reporting, and identify the groups of children that may be at a higher risk of being abused or neglected. Not all courses are approved for early care and education in every state. Please check State and CEU Approvals page for details.