Health and Safety Orientation Training - 10 Hours
Course Learning Objectives
After completing this package, you will be able to:
- Identify strategies for the prevention and control of infectious diseases (including immunization)
- Identify strategies for the prevention of sudden infant death syndrome and the use of safe sleeping practices
- Recognize appropriate steps in the administration of medication, consistent with standards for parental consent
- Identify methods for the prevention of and response to emergencies due to food and allergic reactions
- Recognize appropriate building and physical premises safety, including identification of and protection from hazards that can cause bodily injury such as electrical hazards, bodies of water, and vehicular traffic
- Identify strategies for the prevention of shaken baby syndrome and abusive head trauma
- Identify strategies for emergency preparedness and response planning for emergencies resulting from a natural disaster or a threatening incident (such as violence at a child care facility)
- Identify appropriate steps for the handling and storage of hazardous materials and the appropriate disposal of bio contaminants
- Recognize proper precautions in transporting children
- Recognize signs of child abuse and neglect and obligations for reporting
- Identify age-specific social-emotional, cognitive, and physical developmental milestones
schedule 10 Hours
star_outline 1.00 CEUs
computer 1 year unlimited access
verified_user Certificate of completion
face Early childhood training approval
ProSolutions Training offers a Health and Safety Orientation Training – 10 Hours for ECE professionals in Georgia. This 10-hour online course assists teachers, child care professionals, and providers in protecting the health and safety of children in child care settings while enhancing the overall quality of early learning and afterschool programs.
This certificate program was designed to meet the requirements for the Georgia Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) Health and Safety Orientation Training. Programs required to obtain CCDF Health and Safety Orientation Training include all DECAL-licensed facilities, all license-exempt facilities that accept CAPS subsidies, and informal CAPS providers.
In addition to meeting the CCDF training requirements, this program also meets the first year training requirements.