Medication Administration in the Child Care Setting is extremely important and beneficial when working with young children. This two hour course is divided into four sections.
Not all courses are approved for early care and education in every state. Please check State and CEU Approvals page for details.
- Section 1 – Why Medication is Administered in the Child Care Setting: Child Care Provider, Parent, and Healthcare Professional Responsibilities
- Section 2 – Medication Preparation, Forms, and Policies
- Section 3 – Administering Medications and Standard Precautions
- Section 4 – Allergic Reactions, Side Effects, Medication Errors and Inappropriate Parent Requests
Course Learning Objectives:
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Identify the purpose of medication being administered in the child care setting and list the responsibilities of child care providers, parents/guardians, and healthcare professionals
- Determine the appropriate policies and procedures associated with medication administration
- List the steps to properly administer medication while taking the appropriate safety precautions
- Recognize potential issues related to adverse reactions, medication errors, and inappropriate parent requests