Every childcare provider is an important part of the effort to eliminate the abuse and neglect of children. You will learn to better recognize the indicators of abuse and neglect, understand your role in responsible reporting, and identify the groups of children that may be at a higher risk of being abused or neglected. Not all courses are approved for early care and education in every state. Please check State and CEU Approvals page for details.
Course Learning Objectives:
After participating in this session, you will be able to:
- List the types of mandated reporters and describe their role in reporting suspected abuse and neglect.
- Identify physical and behavioral indicators of four legally recognized types of abuse and neglect.
- Identify which groups of children may be at higher risk of being abused or neglected.
- Identify how to respond appropriately to evidence of maltreatment, including children's disclosures.
- List the steps a state agency takes following a report of abuse or neglect.
WAIT! Did you recently order Recognizing and Reporting Suspected Child Abuse? If so, please log in to your ProSolutions Training account using the link in the upper right-hand corner of this page to continue your course. Selecting "Order Now" will reset your progress and require you to start the course over from the beginning.