Techniques for Effective Classroom Management
Course Learning Objectives
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the importance of a well-designed daily schedule for young children
- List the seven basic components that should be included in the daily schedule, and the appropriate amount of time needed for each
- Discuss other considerations in the creation and monitoring of a good daily schedule
- Define and identify planned transitions and their purpose in early childhood classrooms
- Identify strategies to implement different types of smooth classroom strategies
- Discuss how intentional, individualized transitions can assist in decreasing challenging behaviors and classroom disruptions
schedule 2 Hours
star_outline 0.20 CEUs
computer 1 year unlimited access
verified_user Certificate of completion
face Early childhood training approval
Having a daily schedule is a "must" in early care and education. Not only do young children respond positively to having structure in their day, a schedule helps caregivers to maintain a routine that covers all necessary elements of a good program. Also, transitions play a critical role in young children's daily lives, particularly in early childhood classrooms.
This course will help you learn how to create a well-designed schedule and will present strategies to assist children in moving between activities.
This course will be divided into two parts:
Not all courses are approved for early care and education in every state. Please check State and CEU Approvals page for details.
- Part 1 - The Daily Schedule
- Part 2 - The Art of Transitions