Classroom Management: Dealing with Challenging Toddler Behaviors
Course Learning Objectives
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Recognize at least three common causes of temper tantrums in toddlers
- Identify three or more conditions when toddlers might throw a temper tantrum
- List five strategies you can use to help toddlers find appropriate ways to express their feelings
- List at least three common causes of toddler biting
- Identify strategies to prevent and/or stop toddlers from biting
- Identify what to do when a biting incident occurs and how to communicate with parents
schedule 2 Hours
star_outline 0.20 CEUs
computer 1 year unlimited access
verified_user Certificate of completion
face Early childhood training approval
Young children often struggle with emotional control and it is very common for them to throw a temper tantrum or bite during their toddler years. Parents and teachers often struggle with how to work with this challenging behavior.
This course will help you begin to understand the causes of toddler tantrums and learn to recognize when toddlers are emotionally overwhelmed and might throw a tantrum. Additionally, this course will help you identify common causes of biting by toddlers, learn to recognize when toddlers might bite, and what you can do to prevent biting.
This course will be divided into two parts:
Not all courses are approved for early care and education in every state. Please check State and CEU Approvals page for details.
- Part 1 - Toddler Temper Tantrums
- Part 2 - Toddler Biting