Benefits of the ProSolutions Training CDA Renewal CourseTo renew your CDA, you will need to complete the equivalent of 4.5 CEUs of training and submit a renewal application to the Council for Professional Recognition.
Once you obtain a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential™ from the Council for Professional Recognition, the organization which credentials early childhood educators, you will have taken the first step in your career professional development. However, to ensure that every teacher stays up-to-date with best practices for the industry, the Council requires that professionals renew their CDA credentials every five years.
To begin your CDA renewal process, you must complete 45 hours of formal education, in addition to obtaining a number of other documents for your teacher portfolio. The requirements are:
- Pediatric First Aid Certificate
- 4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEUs) - you can use the ProSolutions Training CDA Renewal Course to meet this requirement
- Documentation of at least 80 hours of work with children in the past year
- Letter of Recommendation from an Early Childhood Education (ECE) reviewer
- Proof of membership with a local or national ECE organization.
After you have fulfilled these requirements, you can submit your application to the Council for CDA renewal. It's important to note that you are only able to renew your CDA for the original age level, classroom (or home) setting and specialization you chose initially.
ProSolutions Training CDA Renewal Course
ProSolutions Training offers CDA Renewal candidates a complete package of online courses equivalent to the 4.5 CEUs required by the Council. A CEU reflects 10 course hours, which, for a working early childhood educator, can be a tall order. That's why at ProSolutions Training we allow you to work through your courses at your own pace — 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
The CDA Renewal curriculum provides you comprehensive online coursework in the following areas:
- Administration, Leadership and Professional Development
- Classroom Best Practices
- Curriculum and Lesson Planning
- Growth and Development
- Health and Safety
- Working with Children and Families.
- CDA Renewal Course - Family Child Care Setting
- CDA Renewal Course - Infant/Toddler Setting
- CDA Renewal Course - Preschool Setting
We also welcome you to contact us with any questions you have by calling ProSolutions Training at 1-800-939-9694. One of our experienced representatives can provide you full details on how our system works and the benefits it offers to CDA renewal candidates.